Air Services Operator
Air Services Operators
Multiple Permanent Part Time, Air Services Operators positions available, at Melbourne Tullamarine International Airport.
We are assisting in sourcing dedicated and well-trained candidates for multiple Air Service Operators positions.
What do you need?
To have the best chance at securing an interview, you must have completed the Airside Safety Awareness course as a minimum and at your own cost. Candidates who have completed entry level training Air Services Operators training, will be first preference and will be fast-tracked into the interview process.
Please note, previous experience in ground handling may allow you the chance to skip this process and this will be decided on a case by case basis. If you have ground handling experience please send your resume through first for assessment and consideration.
For training and enrolment details, please visit https://avionground.com.au/ and go to our training page. Please note that training slots for these positions are limited due to volume and timing, so you will need to jump in front of the pack and enrol soon.
Duties as an Air Services Operator include but are not limited to:
- Safely load and unload passenger baggage and air cargo from aircraft
- The use of GSE (Ground Services Equipment)
- Cargo load and restraint
- Forklift operating
- Aircraft water and waste replenishment
- The transportation of passenger baggage and air cargo, to and from aircraft
- Loading freight, baggage and mail ULD’s
- Communicate with tower and crew via radio
- Handling and loading of all classes of dangerous goods live stock and general freight.
To be considered, you will be required to demonstrate the following:
- A passion for delivering great customer service and being fulfilled with the gratitude of satisfied guests
- Working and dealing with pressurised situations, whilst maintaining composure and professionalism
- Compassion and empathy for special needs customers, who rely on your service to find comfort
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Work well in a team environment and adapt well to cultural diversity
- Have a sense of urgency in your attitude, whilst ensuring that safe and punctual performance is paramount
- Great communication skills
- A high level of safety and security awareness.
- A passion for working in the aviation industry
- Must hold a current Australian drivers license
- Willing to work a 24-hour rotating roster
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug and alcohol test and medical assessment
- Must be able to obtain an ASIC
- Own access to transport.
- Click on the “Apply now link” below, or,
- CV’s are to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and please note that applications via Facebook messenger will not be accepted
- Add any past experience that you may have in ground handling specifically
- Please attach your training certificates and qualifications with your CV.
If you would like to be a part of this exciting and forever-growing industry, then we would love to hear from you!
For additional information you require, please contact Avion on 0456 409 607 and speak to one of our experienced training and recruitment specialists.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.